TLM Belgaum Hospital
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
Operating since 1912, this hospital in Belagavi district (formerly known as Belgaum) is a tertiary care facility for leprosy. It has been equipped with new pathology lab and therapy equipment to provide the best leprosy services, including ulcer care and management of leprosy complications and Reconstructive surgeries are done.
The hospital offers healthcare services and treatments for the following medical specialties:
- Leprosy Treatment and Management
- General Medicine
- Reconstructive Surgery
- 2,021 OPD consultations provided, with 23% for leprosy
The hospital has a 20-bedded inpatient wing and provides best inpatient facility with 24-hour nursing care and latest equipment.
- 52 patients admitted, of which 95% were leprosy patients.
- 28 rehabilitation surgeries done.
Support Services (Lab Tests; X-ray, ECG, Counselling)
- 836 lab tests, including 7 skin smear examinations and 829 other tests done.
- 7 ECG done.
Prevention of impairment and disability (POID) in leprosy
The hospital provides patient education, physiotherapy, pre-fabricated splints, MCR protective footwear, etc., to leprosy patients to prevent impairment and disability.
- 90 leprosy patients diagnosed with reaction/neuritis given inpatient treatment.
- 141 leprosy patients admitted for ulcer management.
- 22 pairs of MCR protective footwear manufactured and supplied to hospital patients and government/others.
The Belgaum hospital collaborated with the HEAL project (Health, Education, Advocacy and Livelihood) and local PHCs, and conducted seven health camps, which benefited 498 people.
34 local Panchayat Raj Institution (PRI) members were sensitized about leprosy and disability.
About 95 ASHA workers were trained in leprosy.
TLM Belgaum Leprosy Hospital,
Vengurla Road, Beside Hindalga Jail, Hindalga,
Belagavi, Karnataka 591108
Phone: +91 -831-2447751
How to Get There
By Air: The nearest airport is Belgaum airport, 18 km from the hospital.
By Train: The nearest railway station is Belagavi railway station, about 6.2 km from the hospital.
By Road: Belagavi comes on the Mumbai – Bangalore national highway. The nearest Bus station is Belagavi Bus- station, about 7 km from the hospital.
- TLM Salur Hospital
- TLM Muzaffarpur Hospital
- TLM Champa Hospital
- TLM Chandkhuri Hospital
- TLM Shahdara Hospital
- TLM Kothara Hospital
- TLM Miraj Hospital
- TLM Dayapuram Hospital
- TLM Vadathorasalur Hospital
- TLM Barabanki Hospital
- TLM Faizabad Hospital
- TLM Naini Hospital
- TLM Kolkata Hospital
- TLM Purulia Hospital
- TLM Belgaum Hospital