ABOUT THE SNEHALAYA
TLM Faizabad Snehalaya was established in the year 1938. It is part of TLM Faizabad Hospital.
The Methodist Mission built a home for leprosy patients thrown out of their homes, in Faizabad, on the land donated by the king of Ayodhya, and Pandit Kashi Ram, in 1938. Mr M. Hallett, Governor of North Province inaugurated the leprosy asylum on August 17, 1938. Afterwards, the Mission to Lepers (now, The Leprosy Mission Trust India) took over the leprosy asylum.
Total no. of residents: 13 (11 men and 2 women)