TLM Champa Vocational
TLM Chhattisgarh Vocational Training Centre
ABOUT THE VOCATIONAL TRAINING CENTRE
TLM Champa Vocational Training Centre was established in the year 1998.
Rev. P. A. Panner, an American Mennonite missionary working in Champa, started an asylum for leprosy patients who begged for a living, in 1902. Eventually, the asylum was converted into a hospital-cum-home. The Mission to Lepers (now, The Leprosy Mission Trust India) took over its management in 1903.
The Leprosy Mission Trust India started a vocational training centre (VTC) in 1998 to provide vocational training to young boys and girls undergoing treatment and whose parents/siblings were affected by leprosy.
Trades affiliated to NCVT/SCVT:
- Bedside nursing assistant
- Certificate in banking and insurance
- Certificate in nursery teachers training
- Computer operation and programming assistance (COPA)
- Diesel mechanics
- Diploma in computer programming and application
- Customer relations
- Diploma in computer applications
- Footwear technology
- Goat farming
- Information technology and office automation
- Macramé handicraft
- Mobile phone repairing
- Two-wheeler mechanics
No. of seats
Institutional – 150
Community-based – 350