ABOUT THE SNEHALAYA
TLM Bankura Snehalaya was established in the year 1902. It is part of TLM Bankura Vocational Training Centre.
In 1902, The Leprosy Mission started a home for leprosy patients, called Bryan Leper Home. Till 1950, it served as an asylum for leprosy patients. Patients were accommodated and kept busy in the work of agriculture, farming, dairy farming, shoemaking, weaving, tailoring, poultry, etc. In due course, the asylum became a hospital-cum-home, which accommodated those who suffered from leprosy and had nowhere to go.
Total no. of residents: 33 (15 men and 18 women)