TLM Bankura Vocational
Bill Edgar Memorial Vocational Training Centre
ABOUT THE VOCATIONAL TRAINING CENTRE
TLM Bankura Vocational Training Centre was established in the year 1998.
Rev. F. W. A. Smith founded the Bryan Leper Home in 1901 to take care of leprosy patients rejected by their families. Eventually the Mission to Lepers (now, The Leprosy Mission Trust India) took over the institution. Patients were kept busy in the work of agriculture, farming, dairy farming, shoemaking, weaving, tailoring, poultry, etc.
The Leprosy Mission Trust India started a vocational training centre in 1998 to provide vocational training to young boys and girls cured of leprosy.
Trades affiliated to NCVT/SCVT:
- Cutting and sewing
- Diesel mechanics
- Information and communication technology
No. of seats
Institutional – 90