Prosthetist & Orthotist
Job Title: Prosthetist & Orthotist
Number of Positions: One
Place of posting: Miraj, Maharashtra
Position Reporting to: Project In-charge – CFAB
Essential Qualifications: B.Sc./Bachelor of Prosthetics and Orthotics from a recognized University or Diploma in Prosthetics and Orthotics from a recognized University/College.
Experience: Minimum two years of clinical experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Evaluate and interview patients with disabilities to determine their needs in footwear, orthoses, prostheses, braces, callipers and splints
- To take a mould of the part of the patient’s body that will be custom fitted with orthoses for both upper and lower extremities, i.e. Ankle Foot Orthosis, Medial arch support, Fixed Ankle Brace, moulded insoles etc.
- To take a mould of the part of a patient’s body that will be custom fitted with artificial limb for both upper and lower extremities, i.e. Above/ below knee prostheses, above/ below elbow prostheses etc.
- To take a mould of the part of the patient’s body that will be custom fitted with specialized footwear, or adaptive devices for both upper and lower extremities, i.e. Customized Protective Footwear, Universal cuffs, Cosmetic or functional prosthetic devices etc
- Design and produce orthosis and prosthesis according to patient’s impairment
- Fit, test and adjust orthotic and prosthetic devices for patients
- Repair prosthetic and orthotic devices
- Evaluate and determine orthotic support needed for a patient with problems in the feet due to sensory loss and/or deformity
- Taking measurements manually & by using computer software to produce a design of the footwear for hand/ foot orthoses/prosthesis
- Evaluate functional ability of the patient with a disability and design orthoses and prostheses to enhance functional ability
- Attend ward rounds with Surgeon/MO to help decide orthoses and prosthesis needs of patient
- Communicate effectively with patient on using and maintaining orthoses and prosthesis devices
- Document patient care in medical record
- Plan and implement research to study the effectiveness of prostheses and orthoses provided
- Build capacity of technicians working with TLMTI in making prosthetic and orthotic devices
- Plan, budget, implement, monitor and evaluate the activities of the department
- Support Purchase procedure and maintenance of materials and equipment’s of the department
- Maintain records related to the activities of the department and prepare reports as per the format of the TLMTI
- Meet like-minded NGOs/hospitals/clinics/doctors and other referral sources on a regular basis to promote/market the Prosthetic/Orthotic services available with TLMTI
- Provide marketing strategies to the Line Manager which can help to increase the patient flow at the centre
- Any other duty assigned by the Project In-charge.
Detailed resume to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 15th May 2018.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview.