ABOUT THE SNEHALAYA
TLM Almora Snehalaya was established in the year 1836. It is an independent institution.
Sir Henry Ramsay a British general in the Indian Army, who served as Commissioner of the Kumaon and Garwhal districts of the present Uttarakhand, built a leprosy asylum for 20 leprosy patients in 1836. Eventually, the Mission to Lepers (now, The Leprosy Mission Trust India) took over it.
Total no. of residents: 24 (14 men and 10 women)